Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Randomness

There is something attractive about pursuing your passion. I got home after a long day at work and was winding down to this blog, the blog that I find attractive because it is all about pursuing passions. I like my job right now and I think I do it well. I am passionate about most of it. There is something else that I'd like to pursue - and that is about living life passionately.

Is it just me or is it like me - whenever I hear the words "this is my passion", I always swallow really hard because if those words are not followed by action, then I am not quite too sure that those words are true. In fact, at times, I find it so cliche - maybe this is because I watch too much reality TV. I am not skeptical though, this is why I like reading blogs - because some blogs scream passion without using the word itself. There is hardly any other effective way of delivering a message.

One of the years that I had a lot of time to think about random things was the year 2008. One of the many things that I thought about was this question: what was it that I was passionate about. Because I suddenly had all this time that I didn't know what to do with. If I had a long steady boyfriend at the time, we would probably have gotten married. Quite thankfully I didn't, so I stayed unmarried. (It is way worse being married to the wrong person rather than waiting to be married to the right person.) Boredom is such a dangerous thing. It makes you do weird things.

But there was the one thing that I passed on - and thinking back, now I can't stop what life would've been like. How different life would have been. I do think about you every so now and then and I wonder what life would have been like for us. I still don't quite understand what was it that you saw in me, but I do treasure our little adventure while it lasted. Maybe in a different life I would have said yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment