Friday, February 10, 2012

Bring it on

Always the case, isn't it. When you are trying to get over something, consciously or subconsciously, when you least expect it, the memories will come flooding - overwhelmingly and unapologetically. God help me if I am not able to deal with this, or even something as little as distancing myself emotionally from it. The floodgate of the memories I thought I have banished into the darkest corners of my brains comes rushing in the moments where I am least prepared - like when waking up in the morning, like one of the very first things that come to my mind as soon as I open my eyes is this very issue I am in the process of overcoming.

And that is precisely the point, is it not? Because I am overcoming it, because I want to overcome it, it surfaces when I least expect it because I have been suppressing it for so long?

It's gonna be a long journey and I say, bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment