Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Spending a lot of your time blogging

I was reading this and this.

The former I read on a regular basis - regular as in once a week, not everyday. The latter I read from time to time when it gets linked from the former mostly.

I don't spend a lot of time blogging. Not because I don't want to, but because I don't have the time. Quite literally. I work multiple jobs, long hours. My downtime is spent with friends and family. If I get a time for myself these days, I am usually exhausted. I blog when I have something to say, or something I want to remember without a camera.

Why I really blog

Put simply - to exercise writing. I really need to write more often and I really need to polish this style of communication.

I also need to develop picture-taking skills. The camera is lonely without much use, and it is nice to be creative once in a while.

My time is limited though - everyone's time is limited. If I want something badly enough, I have to insist on it. Like I insist on writing. And taking pictures - and editing them. Things that I enjoy doing and don't have the time to do.

Balanced life

Don't you just love it when they ask you this question during job interviews? I know that I have interviewed a few people and asked this question before. There is no right or wrong answer - because the concept of balance is different for different people - at least in my opinion.

I appreciate honest answers - others may appreciate a textbook answer. If you are the sort of person who like textbook answers, then you will be fine working for people who like textbook answers. I am not like that. I think that is pretentious and indecisive.

You either have a balanced life - or you don't. How do you know this? Here is the question - are you happy most of the time? If your answer is yes, then it is very likely that you have a balanced life, no matter what it is that you do. So be honest when you answer that question.

Blogging to make moolah

I maintain my position that it is possible. And just like any other avenues to make money - it is difficult and it takes a lot of effort. So if you want to blog to make money, be prepared to work your asses off.

Nothing in this life is easy. It is meant to be difficult. We are meant to stretch so that we become better persons - because we grow that way.

If you are not growing, or if you don't want to grow - then ask yourself why. If you are tired, take a rest, recharge and continue the journey. If you are not happy about something, change it. You don't have to know what you want all the time, but you do have to know it in the crucial moments.

And it is fine to take a rest and figure out your next move. Patience is a virtue.

This is going to abruptly end here because I have to run. Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment