Tuesday, November 29, 2011

One life

Came across this blogger recently. I have a habit of reading blogs from beginning to end just to get a feel of where the blogger comes from. Most bloggers who write well must like writing - and some are writers. Like the kind with books that are sold on the shelves, both physical and virtual.

I like this entry of hers very much - so much so that I am going to copy and paste it in this space. It is nice to be reminded that our time is limited when we are so accustomed to taking time for granted.

THE TIME IS NOW

If you are ever going to love me,
Love me now, while I can know
The sweet and tender feelings
Which from true affection flow.
Love me now
While I am living.
Do not wait until I am gone
And then have it chiseled in marble,
Sweet words on ice-cold stone.
If you have tender thoughts of me,
Please tell me now.
If you wait until I am sleeping,
Never to awaken,
There will be death between us
And I won’t hear you then.
So, if you love me, even a little bit,
Let me know it while I am living
So I can treasure it.

- Author Unknown

You only have one life. Don’t flinch from it. Don’t be afraid to live the life you want – need – can have. It’s not easy – nothing worthwhile is. The fight to get there will make the arrival that much more meaningful.

Thanks Jess! For more of Jessica Corra, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment