Thursday, January 12, 2012

Having too much clothes is overwhelming

I toyed with the saved items on my Asos account. I looked at them again. I browsed the sale section again (I never browse the non-sale sections). I can spot a few things that I used to dig. Nothing entices me any more. I wonder why.

Is this a sign that I am getting old? Things that used to excite me no longer carry their appeal. I used to look forward to go shopping every day. In fact I think I used to live to shop. My wardrobe was of course a disaster (although I didn't see it that way). I loved my wardrobe to bits. I looked forward to getting dressed in the morning - even when I did experience the dreaded I-have-nothing-to-wear syndrome. What can I say - I was young, naive and never quite bothered to research on how to build a versatile wardrobe. I admire those who are actively researching and thinking about what they wear (like this blogger, for example).

I find having too much clothes is overwhelming. Having too much of everything is overwhelming. Except for money. If you want to have too much money, then you should buy less (and earn more). So it works out beautifully because one reinforces the other.

This is just some silly rambling because I feel like writing out that these days I have no desire to shop. If I were to start a shopping diet, I think I would do okay. Maybe I should participate in this shopping diet?

No comments:

Post a Comment