Saturday, January 14, 2012

A few people

I guess I forgot what it felt like to have someone believe in me. I was gently and kindly reminded me yesterday that no matter how low I felt, someone out there still loves me. That someone comes in the form of my best friend. I cannot find words to describe how precious it feels to have someone who just listens without judgment. Especially since I am so judgmental.

I suppose this is why you have a few people in your life - because you cannot get everything from one person. It is just impossible - no one is perfect, you are not perfect. Life is imperfect. There is always something that we want to change, we want to fix, we want to eliminate. We dislike sadness, yet without sadness, how can we ever appreciate happiness. We dislike being poor, yet without poverty, how can we appreciate abundance? Everything in life is relative. We must always remember where we come from.

One of the best things my parents ever gave me is humble beginnings. Growing up, I never quite understood the privilege that was given to me just because my parents could give them to me. I never quite understood what it felt like to do without those things. As I get older, I appreciate a lot of things a lot more than I used to. I am not sure if this is a sign of maturity, or growing up, or simply old age - but I do realise that I am indeed very very lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment